Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Moon Cries

There is something mysterious about the moon, that lures me in and captures my attention at night. I've always loved the moon, but I don't think everyone appreciates it's mystery and beauty the same as I do. Yes, I've been said to "hug the moon." I am a dreamer.


The Moon Cries

The earth's core is your soul

Thriving from you past and growth

Empowered with a layer of success

Held together by a layer of youth

Trapped by a layer of vices

Topped with a thick crust of social appeal

The solemn moon orbits the earth

And tries to light up the night with pride

But by day the moon fades away

As the earth dances in the sunlight

The moon cries sadly, for it is not missed

The rain puddles collect on the earth's surface

So on the days when the rain pours down

And the sun can't quite shine through

Stop the earth for just one minute

Look up at the moon and smile

Dance in the rain - the tears of the moon

Let the moon not be forgotten


1 comment:

Unknown said...

So I have to say that I always miss the moon when its gone. I absolutely love the moon light...it always seems more refreshing to me. Love ya!